ROSWELL SANTOS SELECT PROGRAM
U13 - U19 Boys and Girls
Fall 2017 - Spring 2018
In Georgia their are two (2) levels of play offered by Georgia Soccer’s member affiliates: Competitive and Recreational Soccer.
Competitive (Select) Soccer is offered in three different programs:
- Academy- Boys and Girls ages 8 to 11 (9U-12U). No divisions, no standings, no promotion/relegation
- Athena- Girls ages 12 to 18 (13U-19U) Divisions aer labeled Athena A (highest) to Athena E (lowest)
- Classic- Boys ages 12 to 18 (13U-19U). Divisions are labeled Classic I (highest) to Classic V (lowest)
Athena & Classic Division’s are defined and managed by Age Group Coordinators and the Chairperson of the Georgia Soccer - Youth Select Committee. Each youth member affiliate (Club) is responsible for the organization of teams and rosters, the assignement of coaches, and submission of those teams to Georigia Soccer for season scheduling. Teams are relegated and promoted through the division’s depending on their prior season’s standings. The Select Committee decides the number of teams in each division.
9U-13U Tryouts are held during May, first week after Memorial Day weekend
14U-19U Tryouts are held during the week after the U9-U13 Tryouts, during the second week in June
- Select soccer is a One Year Commitment for 13U-15U Teams (fall and spring seasons)
- For 16U-19U Select Teams it is a One Season (Fall) plus one month (mid april/late-May) Commitment (State Cup or Presidents Cup qualifying teams may run into June)
- Mandatory (2017) Team Camp for Boys is July 17 - July 21 times TBD
- Mandatory (2017) Team Camp for Girls is July 24 - July 28 times TBD
- Fall 2017 Training begins first week in August - ends first week in December.
- Spring 2018 Training, 13U, U14, 15U Teams, First week in February - End of May
- Blue (1st team) practice 3x's per week, Red (2nd team) and White (3rd team) practice 2x's per week
- 1–2 games/weekend on Saturday or Sunday, scheduled by GA Youth Soccer
- Teams will attend between 1-2 tournaments per season
The expectation is that the player will attend the majority of practices and games with exceptions for illness, family events or school activities. Coaches need to be notified in advance if a practice or game will be missed.
For Questions contact RSC DOC (Director of Coaching) Mike Farnham, email@example.com or 678-794-1759. You can also call the soccer office at 770-641-3706 and talk to Aly Wade or Jason Kearney