U13 - U19 SELECT (ATHENA - GIRLS)
ROSWELL SOCCER CLUB SANTOS SOCCER
ROSWELL GEORGIA 2014-2015
In Georgia their are two (2) levels of play offered by Georgia Soccer’s member affiliates: Competitive and Recreational Soccer.
Competitive (Select) Soccer is offered in three different programs:
The Athena Program is the Select Program for girls’ teams. The Athena Program is for girls who wish to play competitive level soccer and are seriously committed to the game. Division’s are defined and managed by Age Group Coordinators and the Chairperson of the Georgia Soccer - Youth Select Committee. Typcially, Divisions will range from A - D; level A being the highest.
Each youth member affiliate (Club) is responsible for the organization of teams and rosters, the assignement of coaches, and submission of those teams to Georigia Soccer for season scheduling if needed. Tryouts are held during May (U13 Teams) and June (U14-U19 Teams) to form the teams that will begin play in the Fall season of each year.
Teams are relegated and promoted through the division’s depending on their prior season’s standings. The Select Committee, chaired by the GA Soccer - youth Select Program Representative, Steve Keiss, decides the number of teams in each division. Each age group has a coordinator who should be consulted about matters within that age such as schedule changes, current standings, reporting scores, etc.
- Select soccer is a One Year Commitment for U13 and U14 Teams (Both fall and spring)
- Select soccer is a One Season (Fall) plus one month (May) Commitment for U15 - U19 Teams (State Cup or Presidents Cup qualifying teams may run into June)
- Mandatory Team Camp for Boys is July 28 - July 31 from 5:30-8:30pm
- Mandatory Team Camp for Girls is July 21 - July 24 from 5:30-8:30pm
- Fall Season Training (for U13-U19) from August 4 - December 6.
- Spring Season Training (for U13 and u14 Teams only) from February 2 - May 21
- Boys Train on Tuesdays & Thursdays (if third session added Coach determines which day)
- Girls Train on Mondays & Wednesdays (if third session added Coach determines which day)
- 2 practices/week (1.5 – 2 hours each); some teams require a 3rd practice
- 1 – 2 games/weekend – usually Saturdays, but some Sunday afternoons
- Teams will attend between 2 – 4 tournaments a season
- Parent volunteer assignments will be given to each team for Club events/needs
The expectation is that the player will attend the majority of practices and games with exceptions for illness, family events or school activities. Coaches need to be notified in advance if a practice or game will be missed.
See financial section of the hanbook by clicking here.