U9 – U12 SANTOS ACADEMY
The Academy Program is the Select Developmental Program for boys’ and girls’ teams from U9 through U12.
Academy Program objectives:
• To eliminate keeping scores and reduce pressure on players and coaches to get results.
• To emphasize individual player development and especially individual technical development.
Academy Program Benefits:
• Free player movement between teams within the academy program.
• Growing a ‘CLUB’ concept with a club loyalty as opposed to individual team mentality.
• Professional coaches manage all training and games.
• Increased pool of players for older teams with improvement in quality of players.
• A good introduction to ‘Select’ competitive soccer for players transitioning from recreational to select soccer.
Typically the Academy Age groups are comprised of 2-3 teams’ worth of players (16–24 players for U9 & U10; 27-36 players for U11 & U12). All the players will be practicing at the same fields and times each week. The players will be split into separate teams for the games and some practices. U9 & U10 teams play 6v6 and U11 & U12 teams play 8v8. All Training Sessions and Games will be conducted by a paid professional youth soccer coaching staff.
- Academy soccer is a One Year Commitment (both fall and spring seasons)
- Mandatory Team Camp for Boys Academy is July 28 - 31, from 8am-11am
- Mandatory Team Camp for Girls Academy is July 21 - July 24, from 8am-11am
- Fall Season is August 4 - December 6. Spring Season is February 2 - May 14
- 2 Training Sessions per week, 1.5 hours each.
- Boys Academy Teams practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Girls Academy Teams practice on Mondays and Wednesdays
- All Academy Teams practice at WSC (Woodstock Soccer Complex)
- U9 & U10 Teams practice 5:00-6:30pm
- U11 & U12 Teams practice 6:30-8pm
- One game per weekend on Saturday’s, some Sundays (games begin after 1pm)
- 2-4 tournaments per year per team (full weekends, 2 games on Saturday, 1 or 2 games on Sunday)
The expectation is that the player will attend the majority of practices and games with exceptions for illness, family events or school activities.
- Academy Training Fee: $660 (8 months of Training and Games)
- Roswell Soccer Club Membership: $150 per family (must be paid with youngest sibling)
- Tournaments: $160
- Miscellaneous fees: $50 (team administration costs)
- Pre-season team camp fees - $150 per player, includes ball and two practice jerseys(paid even regardless of attending the camp or not).
- City of Roswell Registration fee is paid in two installments, which half of the fees, $98 or $147, is paid upon intial registration with the City of Roswell. The second payment is automatically charged on October 1st, which again is $98 or $147.
- Uniform: 2 game jerseys, 2 game shorts, 2 pairs of game socks, hoodie sweatshirt and team backpack. ALL REQUIRED