ROSWELL SANTOS SELECT PROGRAM
U13 - U19 Boys and Girls
ROSWELL GEORGIA 2015-2016
In Georgia their are two (2) levels of play offered by Georgia Soccer’s member affiliates: Competitive and Recreational Soccer.
Competitive (Select) Soccer is offered in three different programs:
- Academy- Boys and Girls ages 8 to 11. No divisions, no standings, no promotion/relegation
- Athena- Girls ages 12 to 18. Divisions aer labeled Athena A (highest) to Athena E (lowest)
- Classic- Boys ages 12 to 18. Divisions are labeled Classic I (highest) to Classic V (lowest)
Division’s are defined and managed by Age Group Coordinators and the Chairperson of the Georgia Soccer - Youth Select Committee. Typically, Divisions will range from I - V; level I being the highest and level V being the lowest. Each youth member affiliate (Club) is responsible for the organization of teams and rosters, the assignement of coaches, and submission of those teams to Georigia Soccer for season scheduling. Teams are relegated and promoted through the division’s depending on their prior season’s standings. The Select Committee decides the number of teams in each division.
Tryouts are held during May (U13 Teams) and June (U14-U19 Teams) to form the teams that will begin play in the Fall season of each year.
- Select soccer is a One Year Commitment for U13 and U14 Teams (fall and spring seasons)
- Select soccer is a One Season (Fall) plus one month (mid april/mid-May) Commitment for U15 - U19 Teams (State Cup or Presidents Cup qualifying teams may run into June)
- Mandatory (2015) Team Camp for Boys is July 20 - July 24 from 5:30-8:30pm and July 25 time tbd
- Mandatory (2015) Team Camp for Girls is July 27 - July 30 from 5:30-8:30pm and Aug 1 time tbd
- Fall 2015 Training is from August 3 - December 3
- Spring 2016 Training, U13 and U14 Teams only, February 1 - May 20
- High School Soccer takes place during the Spring for players aged U15-U19
- 2 practices/week (1.5 – 2 hours each) some teams require a 3rd practice
- 1 – 2 games/weekend – usually Saturdays, but some Sunday afternoons
- Teams will attend between 1-2 tournaments per season
- Parent volunteer assignments will be given to each team for Club events/needs
The expectation is that the player will attend the majority of practices and games with exceptions for illness, family events or school activities. Coaches need to be notified in advance if a practice or game will be missed.
For Questions contact Aly Wade, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jason Kearney, email@example.com, or Mike Farnham, firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-794-1759. You can also call the soccer office at 770-641-3706.